Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Results 81 to 86 of 86

Thread: About Count Cain

  1. #81
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well... some of the formatting I use won't show properly in this window because I use angle brackets which this will turn into HTML tags and then complain about. But the punctuation doesn't matter as much as the setting things off, so I'll just swap in curly brackets in the samples...

    Whenever there's a new word bubble within the same frame on the page, I hit enter, so you see a line break but each line is in a cluster with the rest of the stuff in that frame.

    Whenever there's a new frame, I hit return twice, so there's a blank line.

    I note sound effects and background notes with {sfx} and {bkg}, also put notes to the editor in brackets, and I indicate little tiny notes off to the side of a word bubble with parentheses (like this).

    Anything that needs particular emphasis I surround with underscores _like this._

    Page breaks get dashed lines and page numbers.

    So the first page of doujinshi that Yue's got linked in (page 7) looked like this in translation format:

    --------------------
    p 7:

    Even though I run and run as though I'll eventually get somewhere,
    no matter where I am, I keep on running.
    Because what eternally chases after me is...
    I've got to run faster...!
    I want to get out of here
    so badly my heart is breaking...
    If it's a dream, at least let me wake soon--

    "Postscript to a dream"
    {artist's name}

    Somebody, save me!
    {sfx} pant pant
    Doctor--

    -------------
    (only I suspect this window's going to put line breaks in where there aren't actually returns due to the differences in widths. Oh well -- you still get the idea right? ^_^)

    ed: Ooops -- forgot to swap the angle brackets for curly braces when I did the copy and paste. Fixing now...

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ February 24, 2003 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Risu-chan ]</font>

  2. #82
    Inactive Member yukawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ohhh,that was what it meant? ^^;;;;;

    I didn't knew there were so sort of codes for that, I just thought it was obvious... o_?

    anyway, I'm still gonna kill you >=D (that or parodise Jez's dream.. oh, now -that-'d be interessting)

  3. #83
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    GWAAAAHHHH *leaps on Carole in rabid Cain fan fashion* God Child! God Child! You have all the books? You would help us scan them? *_____* Geez, that Sasuga books place is great! Do you charge extra for their shipping/handling, or do they charge as much as other places which never seem to stock any of the rare finds? ^^

    *jumpies*

    Oh, you might want to go in for a rabies shot now.

  4. #84
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just ordered from 'em too -- apparently Carole got the last of 'em (or else something else I ordered was out of stock) because I got the "it'll be 3 or 4 weeks before it gets there" response.

    But their shipping rates are $4.50 for the first item in a shipment and $1 for each additional item, if shipping to the US -- I don't know what they charge for shipping to Hong Kong, or whether they could get their distributor to mail straight there instead of Japan to Connecticut-ish to Hong Kong... ^^;;;

    By the way, Sasuga Books is the same place that listed having Betsu Hana to Yume potentially available for subscription, but since each volume would have to be shipped individually it ended up being pretty expensive... @_@ I wonder if there's any way we could do a "group subscription" thing where everybody chipped in a little $$ to make it easier on the person who did the scanning, in exchange for getting to see the scans...? ^_^;;; Not sure how that would work or whether it would work though...

    I definitely wouldn't want to be the scanner in question, as much as I'd theoretically like to see the magazine, and $120ish for 6 months (if I remember right) is just plain out of my league... it might be $120 for the year, but still...

    anyhow! Off to skin for real this time...

  5. #85
    Inactive Member tenjou_sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ahhh...sorry about that Risu-chan...I hate those waiting e-mails, because when I order manga I want it right away (specially if it's Cain!)

    <----Impatient ^v^

    Of course I'll help scan Crisis! Just let me know what you want, and when you want it. OF course that would be after the Red Ram books got done. ^__^ ::wink wink:: What sort of Cain fan would I be if I deprived the world of yummy Cainness XD

  6. #86
    Inactive Member rev.tsukiyama's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2002
    Posts
    273
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Castrado = gold dust!

    As for sasuga - way too expensive. Try animaxis dot com instead.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •